2010 Coast2Coast Itinerary

2010 Coast2Coast  Itinerary
Cities & Mileage

LIVING MY DREAM

On March 5th, 2010 at age 69, I will begin a
cycling adventure from San Diego, California to St.Augustine Florida. The two month, 3098 mile journey will cross the 'southern tier' of the United States and end on April 30th, 2010. I will post my progress, location, and photographs whenever possible.

ABOUT ME

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Mother of two sons, Tony and Mark Lonero. Tony an ultracyclist lives in Italy and Mark here in Pittsburgh. Retired from the Veterans Administration at age 55 and have not looked back. I am truly blessed with a great family,wonderful friends, and good health.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Last State - FLORIDA


Crossed over into Florida this afternoon after taking the ferry from Dauphin Island, Alabama, then cycling 60 miles.  Great day for cycling and conditions were perfect.  Went into the ¨visitors center¨ upon crossing the border and met a wonderful lady who was helpful, friendly and amazed at the journey we have been on for the past two months.  I want to thank her for her kind hospitality and words of encouragement.  The people we have met on this journey are something I will never forget.  From California to Florida it has been one random act of kindness after another.  This is a great country and day after day on this trip I´ve found out how true southern  hospitality really works.  Not one person has ever been too busy to answer our questions or offer a helping hand.  My faith in humanity has totally been restored..

No comments:

Post a Comment