2010 Coast2Coast Itinerary

2010 Coast2Coast  Itinerary
Cities & Mileage

LIVING MY DREAM

On March 5th, 2010 at age 69, I will begin a
cycling adventure from San Diego, California to St.Augustine Florida. The two month, 3098 mile journey will cross the 'southern tier' of the United States and end on April 30th, 2010. I will post my progress, location, and photographs whenever possible.

ABOUT ME

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Mother of two sons, Tony and Mark Lonero. Tony an ultracyclist lives in Italy and Mark here in Pittsburgh. Retired from the Veterans Administration at age 55 and have not looked back. I am truly blessed with a great family,wonderful friends, and good health.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

BAD WEATHER DAY 3

Three days into my journey.  Yesterday was my turn to drive the SAG vehicle.  Half the women(11),sagged because of the rainy conditions and steep climbs into the mountains.  Today it was a descent of 3000 feet. and 10 miles of winding, wet roads.   The tour guides decided we should not cycle down the mountain and risk crashing. Five women chose not to cycle at all today.   So, the rest of us started at the base and rode 40miles in rain, sleet and snow.  YES, snow!!  It was brutal out there all day.  I was soaked and cold most of the time even though I had three layers of clothing on, shoes covers, helmet cover, and gloves.  Needless to say I was happy when this ride ended.  No pics because of the poor weather conditions.  TOMORROW;  89 MILES  through the desert.

3 comments:

  1. Seems like quite a contrast in two days, from snow to desert. We had snow on our trip last year, but with your route, I wouldn't have guessed it for you guys. I hope you enjoy the desert today more than the snow yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope weather will be better soon !!! Ciao JoAnn I am thinking of you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, JoAnn, Can't say I'm surprised about the weather, nor your diligence about riding through it! A trooper all of the way. Hope today has been better for you...enjoy the early spring desert vegetation.

    ReplyDelete