2010 Coast2Coast Itinerary

2010 Coast2Coast  Itinerary
Cities & Mileage

LIVING MY DREAM

On March 5th, 2010 at age 69, I will begin a
cycling adventure from San Diego, California to St.Augustine Florida. The two month, 3098 mile journey will cross the 'southern tier' of the United States and end on April 30th, 2010. I will post my progress, location, and photographs whenever possible.

ABOUT ME

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Mother of two sons, Tony and Mark Lonero. Tony an ultracyclist lives in Italy and Mark here in Pittsburgh. Retired from the Veterans Administration at age 55 and have not looked back. I am truly blessed with a great family,wonderful friends, and good health.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

IN ARIZONA ---YIPPEE (Received my computer charger via FEDEX)

There were a few climbs out of California into Arizona, but nothing that would compare to the climbs out of San Diego.  I felt good all day, seems as though I am getting my legs back.  Salome, Arizona was a one horse town, or should I say a small, one dog town.  The accommodations were comparable to the Bates Hotel from the movie PSYCHO.  (Yes, even the shower curtain.)  And, the woman who ran the place had a dog tucked down under her shirt the entire time.  When checking in you may or may not have gotten a key.  The owner said ¨I´m not going to rob you, so you don´t need a key¨.  Oh, we had a Margarita party WED evening.  Every time we cross a border, it is the custom of WOMENTOURS to celebrate with free drinks. Drove the  SAG today, (THURS) through the desert.  Saw two coyotes, and ate at the COYOTE CAFE.  Glad to be in Wickenburg this evening.  Leave for Phoenix on Friday, 67 miles away.

2 comments:

  1. I am following your journey and sending all the good karma I can amass. Onward and upward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoying all of your posts. I now have many friends and family members who ask "How's Joann's journey coming along?...She is amazing!" They are right...you are AMAZING. Thank you for the entertainment and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete